While I’ve been really busy stitching during the month, there hasn’t been a great deal of progress done on my actual WIPs, so not too much to share. I managed a bunch of canvaswork new starts (and finishes) during the last month (see my previous blog post), and a bunch of crochet (my latest learning craze) … cross-stitch, sadly, has been taking a bit of a back seat.
I did, however, manage to do a wee bit more work on Quaker Diamonds … enough to complete the entire bottom section of the chart, and managing to tick one more item off on my goals list for the year, woohoo! This is how it looked at the end of my last WIPocalypse post:
And how it looked at the end of June:
After I finished the bottom section, I moved on to spend a few hours on Mill Hill’s Three Kings. Not a lot of progress was done, because it’s difficult to stitch at night, but it’s getting closer and closer to finishing off the middle king, and getting ready to do some beading very very soon.
How it looked when I started:
And how it looks now:
Now on to the monthly question, and review of the year’s goal progress to date – it’s been fun ticking a few items off the list finally. I can’t see me reaching many of these goals by the end of the year, but I’ve made more progress this year on goals that I ever have I think … it’s been fun!
Half-year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?
Cross stitch and embroidery
- √ Starfish by Mill Hill – DONE √
- √ Red by Mirabilia (in a blue conversion) – DONE √
- √ Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor – 20 hours (ie two rotation slots) or two larger motifs completed – DONE √
- Red Lace Sewing Case by The Drawn Thread (X not touched yet)
- Egyptian Garden Mandala by Chatelaine (X not touched yet)
- Quaker Christmas II by ByGone Stitches (X not touched yet)
- When Witches Go Riding by The Prairie Schooler (X not touched yet)
- Three Kings by Mill Hill/Jim Shore – finish two of the three kings in the centre (X in progress)
- Progress on three other UFOs/WIPs, yet to be decided (X not touched yet)
Other needlework WIPs:
- √ Flight of the Bumblebees by Ruth Schmuff – DONE √
- Hearts & Berries by Marg Low (X not touched yet)
- Make a Christmas Wish by Marg Low (X not touched yet)
- Travel Cord Buddy by Michelle Marvig (X not touched yet)
- Stumpwork (X not touched yet)
- √ Start (and hopefully finish) at least two canvaswork projects – DONE √: 1) Earth Spirit by Northern Pine Designs; 2) Holiday Square by Laura J Perin
- Start a new HAED (X not touched yet)
- Choose a project (or two) that has specialty stitches – eg hardanger, band sampler (X in progress)
My goals here are much loftier than the cross stitch goals – but probably important to keep the impetus up while I’m learning so that the lessons I learn are more ingrained into my brain cells!
- √ Finish my striped blanket – DONE √
- Make at least one (hopefully different) granny square or other blanket square every week (X not touched yet – will not complete)
- √ Complete at least three months crochet projects from “Crate Crochet” – DONE √
- √ Make a coffee cup cuff – DONE √
- Small granny square pincushion (X not touched yet)
- Make a shawl (X not touched yet)
- Start an Atlanticus (mandala) blanket (X not touched yet)
- Restart my Spice of Life blanket (X not touched yet)
- Make some small pincushions (X not touched yet)
- A very simple goal here of starting a queen-sized bed patchwork quilt for myself (X not touched yet)
- Maybe start my Piece and Plenty quilt (X not touched yet)
- Maybe start my The Blue Collection quilt (but highly unlikely) (X not touched yet)