I don’t have too much stitching left on my June Christmas ornie now … I would have finished it by now, but I’ve had to frog stitch almost all of the border, followed by now having to frog almost half of the plant leaves due to being one stitch out on both … ho-hum. Hopefully there will be a finish piccie by the end of the week anyway (although work this week is going to be hell, so may not …).
Another stitching stuff-up on my part saw me almost run out of fabric on the following wee piece that I stitched up last night and this morning … when I was kitting all of my stitching up before putting everything into storage last year, it seems I misjudged the fabric size and basically cut it to the stitching size plus about one inch on the left and right margins … that was compounded when I managed to also start the stitching off-centre as well last night, leaving me with a scant 1 1/2 cm border on the left hand side. Thankfully I’m thinking of finishing this as a small pillow, so I just have enough margin to attach the quilting fabric. Anyway, here’s the finished piccie – once again a very poor photo as my battery still wasn’t charged up when I took it this morning, and my SLR doesn’t get the nice crisp details that my point and shoot Lumix does …
Not my ‘normal stitching style’, but I had fun stitching this one – I especially love the beads and little pigtails on the girls:
Unfortunately I believe Pauline’s (a LNS in Auckland, NZ) has now closed down, so the design is probably no longer available – it is just printed on blue paper, but if anyone would like it, I’m happy to send the chart off to a new home … just leave me a comment here for it. If more than one person is interested in it, I’ll have a draw to pick a winner at the end of the month. (Updated to advise this chart now has a new home, thanks for the interest – those who went into the draw have been advised separately by email)
As for me, it’s now time to hit the hay and hopefully not dream all night about frogs!