Thanks to Danielle and Gina, I’ve been mulling over what stitching goals I have for 2006 … to be honest, I’ve been thinking about it for a few weeks, mainly due to a group of SAL’s I’m joining up with, but it’s quite fun to actually put thoughts down on paper. Some items are things I’ve already started this year, and intend to just continue on with … so, here goes:
1) Finish a few WIP’s/UFO’s:
- The Dratted Dolphins UFO (it’s pretty slow progress inbetween other stitching, so not sure how this will go next year – particularly as my time stitching on this will be impacted by my SAL’s … but it’s a goal – or perhaps a dream – none-the-less).
- Nature’s Rest UFO
- At least 2 other smaller UFO’s (undecided as yet, but probably my Hussif by Monica Hunt, and perhaps my cream button bag from a Guild weekend retreat when I was in NZ … no doubt these will change by the time I get to the stage of dragging them out of the box!)
2) Continue some just-started initiatives:
- Keep going with my rotation – seems to be working out well so far, and I’m enjoying the mix of projects and seeing each one progress steadily.
- Continue on The Wagon – no more stash purchases where possible, by using/substituting threads from my stash – if I don’t own the silks listed, and there are DMC substitutions, then DMC will be the thread of choice! The only thing I’m allowing myself is to continue with the FOTM with Country Stitch and Silkweaver even if just for a couple of months – my fabric has been steadily building up, which I really needed, due to the sales on recently, so I may find soon that I don’t need to buy much more fabric.
3) Participate in 2-3 exchanges with the SBEBB during the year, and also participate in the following SAL’s with the Stitching Smalls yahoo group (months may change, depending on how far we get along with the previous months stitching):
- Jan – Apricot Elegance by Cindy Valentine
- Feb – Secret Garden by Forget-Me-Nots-In-Stitches
- Mar – Bunnies in the Garden by With My Needle
- Apr – Folding Cross Needlebook by Indigo Rose
- May – Lavender Thistle Collection by Twisted Oaks Designs
- Jun – Strawberries So Faire by With My Needle
- Aug – A December Box by Cherished Stitches
4) Try some new finishing techniques – in particular, an 8-cornered pillow (biscornu/tuffet) and a flat-fold finish. I also want to finish off two needlecases that are stitched, but ready to be finished, as well as making at least one more needleroll, fob and pincushion.
5) If I can find the time, I also want to stitch some new charts next year … although now I look at the SAL’s above, that might not be much of a reality hmmm. Anyway, the main two are L&L Angel of Love now I have the fabric, and Summer into Autumn by The Drawn Thread now I have the kit. I’d also love to stitch one project from my selection of Inspirations magazines, but again, that could be seriously wishful thinking.
Well, that’s it for me … I’m now going to print this off and put it in my diary for Nov 2006 to have a celebration … or giggle … at what’s been accomplished. If I get really keen, I might even try and work out how to get it into my sidebars – although I might wait until my new template is finished by Design-A-Blog.