Not much stitching taking place throughout August on my WIPs where a finish was the result … although I did almost manage a finish of some ornaments that have been sitting around for months, and months, and well many more months – the first one below got put to one side ‘cos I wasn’t enjoying stitching with the threads … I decided to finally suck it up on 26 August and get them finished, until I realised I didn’t have the Mill Hill beads I needed to finish them! Stitchy friends to the rescue, though, and some will be winging their way to me soon so I can get them finished next month 🙂 (Thanks again Amanda, you rock!!)
The “before” shot as they stood at the beginning of the year and start of the challenge …
The “after” shot as they both stand now … just waiting for the beads to be added now 😀 Was hoping they’d be finished during the week last week, but I was working mental hours so too tired when I got home, then I was house-sitting the weekend just gone with an active border collie and 3 kitties, and decided not to chance beading!
I did manage to finish one other WIP, though, which was another small Christmas ornament – I don’t know why I put this to one side for so long … once I put my mind to it it didn’t take too long at all to add it to the “finished” pile on 20 August. I really like the colours in this one.
“Christmas Tree Quilt Ornament” by Handblessings
stitched on 32ct antique white Belfast linen
with recommended Needle Necessities/Threadworx threads
Another WIP I worked on a little bit is a Sweetheart Tree scissor fob … another one where I’m missing some beads, but hopefully they’ll arrive in a few weeks and I can finish this one off before the next update is due 🙂 Once again I’ve put the before and after photos here 🙂
The last piece of stitching for the month was actually a new start … it only took a few hours and this one was put into the finishing pile – I just love it, it’s so sparkly in real life! 😀
“Ice Blue Snowflake”, Tiny Treasured Diamonds kit by Mill Hill
Stitched on kit fabric, with MH beads and DMC
And when I wasn’t stitching over the last month I was labeling beads, using what have now become my favourite bead storage units … so much so I’ve had to try and track down some more so I can finish the job 😀
And the other hobby over the last couple of weeks is increasing my XS stash (well, that of myself and Mum to be exact) … which is sadly a hobby that is short-lived and I’m back on a no-stash diet (although I still have a few things yet to arrive, such as those wonderful bead storage units) 😀
All-in-all a lot more productive this month than I’d realised … a few stitches here and there really do make a difference, it seems! 😀
7 thoughts on “August WIPocalypse update – part 2”
Great Wipocalypse post Ann. Loved it. Really loved looking at all the new stash.
Thanks lovey – if it wasn’t for the WIPocalypse this year I think I’d forget all about my blog 😉 Mum hasn’t had computer access for a wee while now, so that hasn’t helped me keep it up-to-date as she hasn’t been hassling me for an updated post! 😉
Lovely finishes, Anne – don’t the beads make a difference! I only use beads on my CQ patchwork blocks, and rarely add them to other cross stitch or embroidery projects, unless instructed to by the pattern. But now I’ve seen what you’ve done, it has inspired me to add some beads to the small Xmas projects I’m planning!
There are some lovely smalls there! I really like the Mill Hill design.
I do the TUSAL, the WIPocalypse and Theme-a-licious so that guarantees me something to blog about each month!
Lovely ornaments! I love the sparkly snowflake too! Great new stash too!
Looks like lots of fun new stash. Congrats on your stitching progress. That new, beady ornament looks like a stunner!
Great stitching and great stash enhancement!! Your sparkly Blue Snowflake is beautiful!
Comments are closed.