Home & Family TO BE FIXED, Music, Sydney

NRL Grand Final

Yesterday was a fun day as Lisa and I joined 1000’s of Rugby League fans for the Grand Final match between Manly Sea Eagles and Melbourne Storm.  Neither Lisa or I are League fans, but at least I’m a Union girl so I knew a fair few of the ‘basic’ rules.  It was a really fun trip out, and Melbourne Storm got a total a**-kicking at 40-0 … sorry Melbourne, but that’s just pitiful, especially as the Premier winners from 2007 – I bet a few Melbourne supporters were hanging their heads after last night.  Manly had a very deserving win, and the local crowd went nuts at the end, very understandably ‘cos the better team most definitely won on the night!!


Personally we felt the highlights of the match for us (heathens that we are) were the pre-match entertainment sessions.  We were treated to songs by Jon Stevens of Noiseworks fame … and loved the “BBQ lids” banging session, it was like a live version of Tap Dogs – it was great fun!



We were then treated to a couple of songs by Living End (including their current hit White Noise) – the pyrotechnics were fun!




Finished off by the National Anthem sung by Anthony Warlow – what a terrific voice … we were unfortunate not to see him sing at Phantom earlier this year, but now at least I’ve seen him perform live, even just for the one song 😉

Our final highlight before the match was when a sea hawk helicopter flew into the stadium and landed smack bang in the middle of the stadium to hand over the trophy … that was awesome!


As for the game, the final 1/4 hour was thrilling watching Manly score try after try … but otherwise to be totally honest I found it a pretty boring game (I’m obviously a Union girl still at heart LOL).


Straight after the game Lisa got the train home and I drove over to Brenda and Nigel’s to stay the night.  It was a lovely relaxed evening sat drinking wine and watching a DVD while getting a little bit of stitching in.  Then we went out to the local Flower Power garden nursery for lunch today, and I bought a stunning blue pot and a few plants to make a succulent display for our balcony, and a few herbs ready to be potted up this week.  Nigel also kindly donated one of his stunning tomato plants to me, along with some basil plants, bless him.  I ended up unexpectedly staying for dinner as well tonight, and got to watch the Golden Compass DVD before driving the hour’s trip home.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend full of socialising with good friends 😀

But now it’s time to hit the hay ready for another wee of torture at work …

1 thought on “NRL Grand Final”

Comments are closed.