I finally put the final stitches into my 10-hour slot for smalls/ornaments etc today, and had two small finishes. First of all I finished the stitching of my ‘draft version’ of my Melanie’s Exchange stitched in April – it was already half-stitched, so I just had to finish it off … I just have to do the actual finishing yet. Secondly, I finished off the Christmas ornie I started during the week – I think I actually liked this one better without the beads, but I couldn’t be bothered frogging them off again – this design is Christmas Tree by Elizabeth’s Designs, from the 2005 JCS ornie issue. I’ll have an ornamentifying session next month with Mum to get some of our ornies “finished”.
Aside from that it was an uneventful day – I was very keen and made a big pan of pumpkin and potato soup, as well as a tuna pasta bake for dinner … finished by a total disaster – let’s just say it’s been such a loooooong time since I cracked open my breadmaker to make fresh bread, that I didn’t think to check the yeast expiry date etc … yep, you guessed it – my bread turned out to be a solid mass in the bottom of the breadmaker, and didn’t make my little flat too aromatic this afternoon haha. Oh well, I have to do a big lot of shopping this week, so I’ll have to pick up some more flour and yeast and try it again … oops.
Probably won’t get much chance for stitching this week, with Jenny arriving from NZ on Tuesday night for two nights visiting, then only a couple more nights before Mum arrives again on Saturday – yippee 😀