Last night I sat reviewing my blog habits, and wondering whether I should change the way I post, or the way my blog is set up. What started this is that I received a request on my home email via this blog, for a work-related issue, asking for a favour to fix something for them … To be honest I felt quite shocked that this should happen, as it was an intrusion bringing work into my personal life … I mulled over whether I talk about my work too much, or do I give too much detail, perhaps I shouldn’t talk about work at all … but then again, it is a large part of my life – I didn’t think I give too many details, but perhaps the limited amount I do write is too much? I also considered removing my email address from my blog profile … and may still do this – but then again, part of me thinks I shouldn’t have to change things. I’m not sure why this small action has made me feel so uncomfortable … but after all, this is a personal blog, and I am a person just like everyone else, and I’m sharing all facets of my life for those who care to read – especially family that are offshore and interested in all aspects of my life. Like most people, I work for a living to pay my bills … but when I leave work at the end of the day, I don’t take it home with me, and I felt shocked to have it delivered to my doorstep. I still feel uncomfortable a day later … I don’t know why, but I do … It wouldn’t have been too bad if it was from someone I’d already built a rapport with via our mutual blogs … Perhaps I’m more sensitive to it due to being tired from my shifts … Anyway, moving on …
I’m on the homeward stretch of my ducks RR – I was hoping to get it finished today, but I ended up sleeping in until midday after not getting to sleep until 2am (I just love trying to get back into a routine after night shift haha), then lay in bed reading Dean Koontz until 2.30pm … oops, there went a big chunk of my stitching time today! I have about 2 hours left before I head out the door for a dinner near work … but hopefully I’ll have the final piccie to share some time tomorrow. In the meantime, here’s an archival Stitching Meme question to close:
1. What is your favorite count and type of fabric?
2. Do you use hand-dyed or tried them at all?
3. Any favorite fabric colors, hand-dyed or regular?
4. Have you tried opalescent fabrics and do you like them?
1. Favourite count is 32ct, and love linens, but also love Lugana evenweaves – not overly fond of Jobelan, although I have some in my stash to use up. Am stitching on 36ct for the first time with the Bordeaux Mystery Sampler, and enjoying it so far, so I might try some more of the higher count linens in the future.
2. Yes, I’ve recently started using hand-dyed fabbies – again, I prefer linens though as I find the Lugana hand-dyeds tend to be harder to stitch on as the holes appear smaller to me. I bought a custom piece of Lugana for Egyptian Garden Mandala, but I just couldn’t find the holes easily, got fed up and ended up ordering another piece in linen instead.
3. Favourite colours, hmmmm … not yet – I like the more neutral colours, as I guess they’re more versatile, but I don’t really have one clear favourite yet.
4. I tried an opalescent fabric for the Love needleroll ornament by Jeannette Douglas, and I love it – I’m also stitching Egyptian Garden Mandala on an opalescent Belfast, and like that too.