A quick post before I head off to bed ready for my 4.50am wake-up call … I’m breathing a heavy sigh of relief and contentment tonight for a couple of different reasons:
- Mum will be here after only 5 more sleeps
- I only have one more week of phones before I’m back on the Supervisor Hotline for 6 whole weeks (until the end of January)
- I received some lovely mail today (more later)
- I don’t have to wear business clothes for a whole month – as we now have casual dress right up until the middle of January … welcome to 5 weeks of trackies and jeans yippee! (especially good for those late/early shifts)
- For the last 2 nights I have been overjoyed to witness flocks (?) of rainbow lorikeets – my favourite Aussie birds – flying over my little flat on their way to roost at the end of the day … it takes my breath away, and is such a joy to witness (I’m a big softie at heart)
and, last but by no means least …
6. I got all the stitching done on the front of my little gift piece tonight!!!!!
Yep, it’s true – it’s all ‘finished’ … I just have to do the actual finishing, and it’s ready to go in the post. I’ve scanned a photo of it, but I can’t unveil it until it reaches its recipient – as usual, though, the scan doesn’t do the piece justice with those lovely sparkles … but I can give you a little sneak preview of how blending filament should actually look … ie shiny!! 😉 I have to admit, I’m glad I persevered with it – it does look pretty cool once it’s finished … can’t wait to show you!
As for my mail, today I received some trade fabric from Karen – and it’s the most gorgeous hand-dyed Belfast by Silkweaver called “Fern” … totally scrummy – thanks so much for that, Karen … hopefully you’ll find your return trade OK once I get it in the mail:)
I also received my FOTM from Country Stitch, which was a bit more disappointing (just normal linens, not hand-dyeds), and something I’m probably going to cancel from next month. Unfortunately my recent stash splurges were a bit of a stuff-up, in that I worked out the conversion all wrong, so ended up spending a LOT more than I should have … so now I’m having to make a few budget cuts to offset it. Oh well, such is life … At least I have plenty of stash to keep me going in my days of poverty LOL – and I can always live on tuna for a couple of weeks hahaha.
Which reminds me – my last stash haul from SB&B has finally been shipped … it left on the 5th, so with any luck it will be here within the next week … woohoo!!! Then I can enjoy drooling over it, and get the guilt over and done with before Christmas LOL 😉
So, tonight I’m heading to bed with a smile on my face – all-in-all it’s been a good day. Hope your weekend is going well too 🙂