Well, I’m off work at GP’s orders again today, trying to get rid of these cluster migraines once and for all (apparently that’s what they are) – so now I’m doped up with anti-inflammatories etc, and I’ve been ordered to do no housework etc, just rest and relaxation … so on Dr’s orders, I’ve been sat stitching, watching the rest of the Stephen King’s Kingdom Hospital series on DVD … soon to be followed by Girl with a Pearl Earring (talk about going from one end of the spectrum to the other – but that’s me to a tee!!). Anyway, I managed to force myself to complete a UFO from last year – a GCC (Group Correspondence Course) through the Embroiderers Guild of America, called “Lace & Ribbons” by Dakota Rogers. It only took 1 1/2 hours to finish it off, as I just had to do the filling stitches on the bottom band – and finally I have another set of scroll rods to use for another project ... yippee!!! I’m going to add fabric to the sides, and turn this into a folder cover for my stitching album, I think. You got to choose your own design for the ‘centre’ piece – I chose an autumn leaf, and in fact picked one up from the ground that I liked the look of on the way home from work one day while I was stitching it – it thought it would remind me of my first autumn in Melbourne, as the leaves were all falling from the trees at that time, which always makes me feel soppy – I just love the autumn colours on the trees.Now, before I forget, Cathy I do use polyfill for my pincushion stuffing – only because I use them for decoration only. When I was in NZ I used clean wool fleece, but I haven’t found a stockist for it here yet … but then again, I haven’t tried that hard either. The polyfill is not good if you want to actually use it, as I believe the pins may eventually rust in there. Another option is to cut up wool skeins (taught that by Martha Beth Lewis in a class once), eg tapestry wool.
Rightio, off to finish off another two UFO’s – the next two only have about 1/2 hour’s stitching to go on each one … one just has a few fly stitches to pop in, and the other one was finished, but it got caught on something, and I lost one of the heart beads, so I need to frog it back a bit, and restitch the beads back on again. So, fingers crossed, I’ll have another couple of happy dances by the end of the day 🙂