Something finished

Well, I should have posted this last week during my days off, but I decided not to, as Mum checks this blog every now and then, and my finish was a gift for her. Since talking to her, I find I’d actually already shown her the chart I was going to make for her ages ago, so it’s not really a surprise anymore 🙂 That means I can post a wee piccie. This is the first time I’ve ever put together a needlebook, and I’m sorry to say I’m really disappointed with the finishing I did on it – the stitching is fine, but I didn’t manage to get the mitring of the corners done too well with the aida fabric. I decided to use a small bit of batting as well as template plastic inside the cover, and it was a bit awkward sliding around – in hindsight I’d leave the batting out next time, or glue it to the plastic somehow. Oh well, it was OK for a first attempt, I guess – I just need to make some more to get more practice in haha. This was a kit I bought in the UK as a souvenir a number of years ago – called “Rose Arbour Needlecase” by Textile Heritage Collection.

Didn’t get much sleep last night, so my day is being replanned today, as I don’t feel too crash hot. Am getting my hair cut at lunchtime tomorrow, then I’ll pop over to the Guild exhibit afterwards instead of today. That means today I’m having a lazy day playing with my blog, watching DVD’s and stitching! (ah, bliss…) With any luck I’ll have more to post later today – I think I may be able to finally finish my beaded sampler … well, that’s the goal anyway!

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Something finished

  1. The needlecase isn’t bad, Anne! I did my first needlecase from a Textile Hertiage kit, too, and wasn’t totally satisfied with the results, as I used cardboard. Hey, you live and learn. 🙂 Your mom is going to love it!

Comments are closed.