I dragged out my box of items that need to be finish-finished a few weeks ago and it’s been taunting me ever since sitting open in the lounge room. This weekend I decided enough was enough, and I plucked up the courage to do a spot of finishing. My skills may be a bit rusty these days, but it felt quite good to get a few small finishes under my belt for the weekend.
First up was an Easter design I a finished a few years ago – this was a freebie by Serendipity Designs. It’s very spring-like, even though Easter down under takes place in autumn!
Then I managed to finish half of the Bunnies in the Garden set by With My Needle. As you can see from the back of the scissor fob, the stitching on this one took place way back in 2006 … it’s nice to see it gradually being finished. You’re supposed to use ruched silk ribbon as the edging on the pincushion, but I didn’t have anything in my stash that would work, so I changed it up and used the same DMC cord that I used on the scissor fob. I’m quite pleased with the result.
Next up will hopefully be the needlecase of the Bunnies set, and the final piece which is the wee carrot scissor sheath – the sheath is actually finished except for the greenery around the top of the opening.