(Edited to add a few more links I tracked down, as the original pages had been moved…)
Today’s SBQ was suggested by Carol and is:
“Do you have any good internet links to tutorials for your favorite finishing techniques that you would like to share?”
Funnily enough, I’ve been thinking for a while now to have a page set up on my blog dedicated to my finishing links! Here goes my list of finishing links and tutorials – there are loads here that others have no doubt already listed, but there may be some other unknown ones (I thought I had some others too, but I can’t find them at the moment):
- Si le point m’etait compte – a few different techniques, including biscornu, cube, heart box, stitchers envelope – in french, but very clear pictures.
- Anne D’s blog – includes a stitcher’s bourse, scissor fob, needlebook and more – in french, but very clear pictures.
- Just A Thought (Judy Odell) – cording and tassels, tin finishing instructions, and embellishment ideas.
- PCB Dijon – Covered book, tote bag, concertina folder – again in french, found under the section “Ateliers”.
- Treasured Tapestries – Quilted wallhanging, fringed stuffed pillow etc.
- Cyberstitchers.com – cording, filled pillow, bookmark, etc.
- CameoRoze – bellpull hardware, needleroll, ornaments etc
- ABC cross stitch – loads of project ideas
- JeBrode.com – loads of finishing ideas and projects
- Dani…Black Belt Stitching Wizard – a few different finishing techniques
- Aiguilles & Passion – some different finishing ideas (in french)
- Atelier le Fil en Scene – in french, with clickable piccies
- Annette’s Acre – biscornu
- Les Bonheurs de Sylvie – mattress-style pincushion
- The Finishing School – biscornu
- Tale of a Shooting Star (Jenna) – biscornu
- Si le point m’etait compte – biscornu
- Autour de la Broderie – heart-shaped pinkeep
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – pinkeep
- Cote Passions (Vero) – pinkeep
- Cote Passions (Vero) – mattress pincushion/pinkeep
- Cote Passions (Vero) – pyramid pincushion
- TKDchick (Dani) – layered bellpull
- Tale of a Shooting Star (Jenna) – bellpull
- Treasured Tapestries – braided bellpull
- Treasured Tapestries – quilted wallhanging
- Kitty Couture (Isabelle) – quilted wallhanging
- Rissa’s 6-pocket needlebook
- Pansy Fan needlebook – SRE but can be used for other techniques
- JeBrode.com – needlecase
- Quilters Cache – needlecase for quilting, but can be adapted for XS
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – needlecase
- Creative Needle mag – needlecase
- Aux Fils Fous – in french, but very clear pictures
- Becky Bee
- Aiguilles & Passion – in french
- Aiguilles & Passion – another one
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – cartonnage etui
- Annette’s Acre
- Aiguilles & Passion – strawberry (for emery)
- Martha Stewart – strawberry (for emery)
- Aiguilles & Passion – beaded fob
- Advanced Embroidery Designs – flange pillows
- Cyberstitchers.com – tuck pillow
- TKDchick (Dani) – pillow tutorial
- Si le point m’etait compte – small pillow
- Treasured Tapestries – quilted stuffed pillows (flange)
- JeBrode.com – large pillow
- Annette’s Acre
- CyberStitchers.com – bookmark with frayed edge
- CameoRoze – suede bookmark
Fabric Book Covers:
- Craft at Home
- JeBrode.com – making an actual book
- Aiguilles & Passion
- Les Broderies de Yayie
- Autour de la Broderie – fold-out album
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – covered photo frame
- Stitched with Love & Cat Hair – stitched sachet
- Craft & Fabric Links – tote bag
- TKDchick (Dani) – lined fabric bag
- Si le point m’etait compte – tote bag
- JeBrode.com – treat bag
- JeBrode.com – satchel
- JeBrode.com – origami-style ort bag
- Aiguilles & Passion – folding ort bag
- Aiguilles & Passion – tote bag with ‘gusset’
- Aiguilles & Passion – lined sachet bag
- Aiguilles & Passion – tiny Aida banding sachet
- My Little Mochi – origami pocket pouch
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – tissue holder
- Bella Dia – travel tissue holder
- Con estas manitas – armchair ort bag (Spanish, all photos)
- La Maison Danael – drawstring bag
- How Original – purse/handbag
- Kitty Couture (Isabelle) – drawstring bag
- Kitty Couture (Isabelle) – bag/purse
- TKDchick (Dani)
- AngelSan – round ornament
- CameoRoze – basic padded ornament
- CameoRoze – banner on a hanger ornament
- CameoRoze – felt frame ornament
- CameoRoze – foam core base ornament
- CameoRoze – oval tuck ornament
- Treasured Tapestries – felt-backed decoration
- Treasured Tapestries – fringed stuffed pillow
- Treasured Tapestries – stuffed decoration
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – Humbug
- La Maison Danael – polystyrene heart ornie
- Les broderies de Yayie – Pendibulle
- TKDchick (Dani)
Cording, Tassels, & Miscellaneous:
- Just A Thought (Judy Odell)
- Tale of a Shooting Star (Jenna) – basic cording
- Martha Beth Lewis – basic cording
- Rose Rushbrooke – ruched ribbon
- Cote Passions (Vero) – tin brooch
- Tomoneko’s Works – tape measure cover (in Japanese, with photos)
- Swappons – tape measure cover
- Au Fils Fous – tape measure cover
- Atelier Le Fil en Scene – heart-shaped tape measure cover
11 thoughts on “SBQ – Finishing Links”
This is a post to bookmark, Anne! Thanks for this very useful listing!
thanks for posting this list Anne, some of these links I’d totally forgotten about so I’ll be making sure I bookmark them this time!
Thanks for the kind comments about my finished Lighthouse and Chickens projects – having a second, unbiased opinion is always helpful (I only had my hubby’s opinion before…). By the way, my mother and brother LOVED them!
Denver, Colorado, USA
Oh wow, thank you for the links!
Hey, that will come in very handy! thanks a bunch! huggers!
Hi Anne! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! You sure received some lovely stitched gifts…hmmmm I wonder how they all knew that you liked blue?
You sure are making great progress on your 50 projects!!!
Wishing you all the best in the New Year!
Brilliant list of links, Anne! Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas, despite having to work.
This will come in really handy! Thanks so much for compiling them all in one place – brilliant!
Wow! Thanks for all of the finishing links!
BTW, I am terribly envious of your new Ginghers; they’re gorgeous!!!
WOW!! Thanks for posting all of these links. I was browsing through some of them already and I’m sure they will definitely come in handy.
Thanks for this Ann, I have just literally found it and have definately bookmarked it. You are a star..
Comments are closed.