I was in a bit of a ‘funk’ yesterday – spent some time catching up on three of my favourite blog archives, but I couldn’t really say what I did for the rest of the day – I think, though, that I got through the worst of my illness yesterday, and today I feel quite a bit better. My ears are still a bit ‘funny’, but my voice is coming back, and I’m not too bunged up. Saw a GP this morning and we agree I didn’t need antibiotics just yet, so we’re going to see if I can kick it in the butt naturally over the next couple of days – if not, we’ll take more action. So, I now have the next three days off yippee, so plenty of time to get over these nasty bugs 🙂
I was just in the middle of reading Jenna’s archives, and came across details about the Stitcher’s Meme blog … I think that’s going to be a great thing to fill in the gaps when I don’t have any stitching progress to report – and it’s fun to read everyone’s answers. I love all the different memes – it makes things much more personal, and you get to find out so much about people. Anyway, I decided seeing as I’m going to try to get back into blogging more often again, this would be a good way to help start … by using some of the ‘archive’ questions each day, as well as answering the current ones … and seeing as I don’t have any stitching progress today, here’s my opportunity to start the ball rolling with the June memes …
Floss Storage meme:
1. How do you store your floss?
2. Do you keep a complete set of DMC?
3. Do you buy new floss to “kit” up new projects or do you use out of a master set?
1. In floss-away bags – I’ve tried just about every storage method, including bobbins, stitchbows, and plastic sleeves in ringbinders, and bags definitely work the best for me so far.
2. Yes, I have the complete set of DMC.
3. I use what I have on hand, and only replace when I run out. A lot of colours I have duplicates of, so I’ll only buy extras when I have a large project such as a Mirabilia, and I know I need multiple skeins of one colour.
1. How did you go with your May goals?
2. What are your June goals?
I don’t tend to make monthly goals, but perhaps if I did it would help me to get a few more things done, as it would help me to focus. So, even though it’s halfway through June, perhaps I’ll start and give it a try …
My June goals are:
- Kit up my racing car charity quilt square
- Ducks RR stitched up ready for posting on 1 July
- Start Bordeaux Mystery Sampler SAL with Carol
- Re-start my rotation again
And the last question from May:
1. Do you have an online gallery somewhere with your cross-stitch?
2. How often do you take WIP pics?
3. Do you ever spend time looking at other stitcher’s galleries? If so how often do you look at them?
1. Yes, I have a Webshots album here (there’s also a link in my sidebar).
2. I take WIP pics regularly – usually at the end of each stitching day if I’m blogging about it, otherwise I just wait until it’s finished (eg for exchanges, as I’m not posting progress piccies anywhere).
3. Yes, I enjoy looking at other stitchers online albums – it gives me great inspiration to see others finished works, and their WIP’s … I love to see other stitchers work 🙂