WIP’s and UFO’s

This is especially for Kathy of the Blig Blog … here are photos of the current state of all my UFO’s (I could pretend that they were WIP’s but seeing as the majority haven’t seen a stitch put into them in over 12 months, 95% would definitely be deemed as UFO status!):

Macaw by Ross Originals Beaded Fish WIPs

Dragonfly Common Hawker Dragonfly
Stumpwork Dragonfly

Berry Delightful Bag Mediterranean XS
Berry Delightful Bag -&- Mediterranean Village XS

quilting-ufo-2
Vicki’s Cot Quilt

Stitching Leporello isn’t included in the photos, as I’ve been stitching a complete section each time, so no individual section is in progress at the moment. And I can’t put my hands to either a photo or the actual project of GCC Ornamental Delights, so I guess that one won’t be getting stitched in a hurry haha.

Very sad that some of these projects are over halfway and never finished, however there are many there that are barely started … I’m sorely tempted to just unpick the bullion rose facecloth, for example, as I don’t know if I truly ever want to finish it, the same with a couple more projects in there … will see how I feel after one more stitching session on them, I guess, before I make the ultimate decision to turf out. It’s funny when you look back through the photos and remember why you stopped working on them … for example the Lorri Birmingham Butterflies & Hearts needleroll, I really hated the colours used, as I felt the wording etc just faded into the background, so no doubt that whole piece will be unpicked and started again from scratch with my choice of threads :)

I’ve already gone out and pulled numbers out of the hat for the first round, and highlighted the text in bold in the main list in the previous post … and I’m really looking forward to starting my rotation – I just want to finish my current piece first … although I guess I could just choose to start at the “free choice” slot and start counting my hours, that way I can continue with my current project and be starting my actual rotation at the same time – ooh, I like it when a plan comes together!!! :D

That means my new current rotation is as follows:

1. Focus Piece:  CA Wells class projects
  2. Medium/Large:  Lavenderblue Celtic Knot Quilt – From Nancy’s Needle
  3. WIP’s/UFO’s:  Berry Delightful Bag
  4. Focus Piece:  CA Wells class projects
  5. Small/Medium: Jumpin’ Jelly Beans – DKT Originals (freebie)
  6. Large/BAP’s:  Egyptian Garden Mandala
  7. Focus Piece:  CA Wells class projects
  8. Christmas Ornaments
  9. Finishing
  10. Free Choice

11 Responses to WIP’s and UFO’s

1. Cindy says:

You are a very brave girl to take pictures of all of those UFOs! I really need to do that sometime and give myself a reality check :)

2. Joanne says:

Hope you rotation works for you Anne, mine fizzled out some time ago and now I tend to focus on a few things. Sounds like you had a great weekend away.

3. Carol says:

Can you believe it? I am here – reading and commenting! Mum moved to transitional living on Friday – what a relief!! Your WIPS look wonderful – you know me, I believe firmly in rotations, yet… haven’t worked a rotation in a long time… geesh…. nice visiting with you :-)

4. michelle says:

hiya looking great wips! are you going to pick some of them up soon again? i especially love the noahs ark (tw?) and also inthe dark :)

5. Nicki says:

OOOh – what a great selection. Your stumpwork looks amazing. I should take pics of mine too – maybe that’s a job for this weekend :)

6. celeste says:

Oh my, you have stumpwork WIP’s. I wish I lived closer, I’d offer to finish them for you. If it helps at all, I’d finish the dragonfly first – it shouldn’t take long to finish the wings and a finish always boosts my morale. And I agree with you on the point of whether to unpick or toss a project…if you really HATE it, you shouldn’t waste what precious time you have working on it. If something’s too far along, don’t bother unpicking it…just find it a new home.

7. Little Cat says:

WOW! That’s a lot of piccies and a lot of wips. There are some gorgeous ones there girl. Get em done! :o)

8. Barbara says:

You have such beautiful projects under the needle, Anne. But I do know what you mean about abandoning the ones that just don’t do it for you, particularly if they are in the very early stages. I did that this year, and it was quite a liberating experience!

9. Annmcd says:

Oh my Anne! What a long list of beautiful work. I used the rotation method to finish off my UFO pieces around 2001 or so and it really worked. I cleaned up the lot of them, of course I did not have as many as you do but it still works. I think I am just about ready to get a rotation of my own going as well now, as the number of WIPs has crept up again AND there are a number of designs out there which are calling to me.
    First order of business though is to finish the picture of one of the dogs which I am giving Dan for Christmas. There have been no photos taken of it, or of the finished one of the other dog , as I don’t want him to see that I am even working on them. That’s why sometimes there is not much to show on my blog…I have been working on something I can’t show!
    Anyway…good luck with your rotation…you have some pieces so close to completion that I am sure you will get some finishing satisfaction soon!

10. nic says:

That is an impressive list and some lovely work. There are a lot of us out there with lots of WIPs and UFOs too. You are very brave to show yours to everyone.

11. beccagregory says:

Wow so many of them, and they all look so beautiful!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 76 other followers